As with your clothing, your physical appearance also contributes to the impression your guests form of you and your establishment. A sloppy, dirty staff member reflects badly on the whole team.
Some areas to pay attention to:
- Neatly groomed hair and facial hair,
- Clean hands and fingernails
- Avoid any over-the-top jewellery
- Avoid any overtly branded clothing (other than your uniform)
- Although many bars now allow or even encourage visible tattoos, some more formal places (eg 5-star hotels) might prefer visible tattoos to be covered.
- Pay attention to details. For example, if you wear a tie as part of your uniform, make sure it is well knotted and correctly positioned. If your shirt should be tucked in, make sure it is always tucked in etc.